I wrestled with this durn coat back in October when I purchased way too much for this yarn to make this project for my mom's birthday on December 1. I had many many troubles with the pattern right from the start. I wrote Elann, they printed a correction, and sent the new pattern.
Things were going well until I started to finish the collar. Wrote Elann again and they said there were no other problems or corrections.
A few minutes ago, I got a revised pattern in my email. This is May. I made the coat in December. My mom can't wear the coat now, plus it looks terrible because of the botched pattern.
This is the one and only time in the history of my knitting that I can indeed say that the muss-up of the pattern was not my fault. But it still makes me wanna go GRRRR because it was a nice birthday present with is now almost unwearable. Sigh.
Here's a picture of the finished yet botched coat.